1999 to 2004
Another excellent all-round sportsperson. As well as being a scratch golfer at school, Paul also played cricket for the 1st XI in Year 13 having earlier played junior rep cricket for Thames Valley.
At school, Paul was in the first year of Level 3 NECA and he gained sufficient credits to gain university entrance. He was a house leader and a positive role model at school
Paul has combined top level golf with a successful career. He studied at Otago University and graduated with a Bachelor of Surveying Degree. His first employment was in Wellington with a small engineering firm but soon picked up a position with BECA – an international firm with over 2,500 employees. He transferred to Christchurch on promotion and now manages work packages that come into the business.
Paul has not made golf a career path like his older brother Richard but has still had many successes and currently plays off a very low handicap (3) out of the Russley Club in Christchurch. Although Paul has not played competitive golf overseas he has experienced a round at Royal Melbourne!
Listed below are a few of his achievements from 2001 to 2011:
- Matamata College Senior Golf Team
- Waikato Development Squad
- Waikato/King Country Schoolboys Strokeplay Champion
- Waikato Under 19 Team
- Matamata Division 1 Pennant Team
- Puahue Trust Grant Recipient
- While in Dunedin was a member of the Balmacewen Senior Mens Pennant Team
- In Wellington was a member of the Royal Wellington Club who won the Prince of Wales Cup against the Royal Auckland Club
- In Christchurch played for the Russley Pennant Team that won the Canterbury Championship Cup.
Paul has shifted to Christchurch